Standing Equine MRI
MRI is now indispensible for diagnosis of equine lameness and performance issues located to the lower limbs.
By visualising slices through tissue MRI can precisely localise damage to bone and highlight any involvement of surrounding soft tissues. Tendinitis and desmitis are not revealed by x-ray, and ultrasound is unable to penetrate the hoof wall. By providing an overview of all anatomical structures MRI is the only way to distinguish between the many different diseases underlying "navicular syndrome"
MRI of the fetlock and knee bones allows racehorse trainers to modify their training to prevent poor performance and avoid the risk of serious injury.
Hallmarq manufactures the only equine MRI system that allows the horse to be scanned standing and without the risks associated with general anaesthesia. Sedation is sufficient to ensure the horse stands quietly in the scanner, and motion compensation software ensures clear images even with slight residual movement.
· Clear diagnosis in over 90% of cases
· No general anaesthesia
· Pay as you go contract, full support included
Hallmarq Equine MRI - Standing for Safety
High Field Petvet
The PetVet 1.5T MRI system is a unique product manufactured specifically for veterinarians and their companion animal patients. It is based around a new FDA approved human magnet, but with veterinary specific coils, sequences and patient bed.
Producing outstanding images in patients ranging from giant breeds to Chihuahuas, the PetVet image quality has received praise from specialist veterinarians worldwide.
The PetVet also receives accolades from business owners because the total cost of ownership of this high field magnet is affordable for most veterinary practices imaging a modest number of cases each month.
· The PetVet is paid for ‘as you go’, meaning no large initial capital expenditure
· The PetVet is self-shielded, so you won’t need to build a costly and immoveable RF shielded room
· The PetVet doesn’t require routine helium refills, saving money as helium becomes more scarce and more expensive.
· The PetVet contract includes Hallmarq's comprehensive service and support package, maintaining uptime and eliminating hidden repair and upgrade costs